The Spanish Mathematics-Industry Network (math-in) was born, as a private non-profit association, on September 30, 2011 with the signing of its Constitution Act in Santiago de Compostela.
The network is currently made up of around forty research groups belonging to twenty Spanish universities and research centres.
math-in focuses its activity on promoting and carrying out mathematical technology transfer to companies, organisations and institutions, thus fostering an increase in the competitiveness of both the research groups involved and the industry itself.
The board of directors of math-in is composed of:
- President: Emilio Carrizosa. Sevilla University.
- Vice President: Bartomeu Coll. University of the Balearic Islands.
- Secretary: María Luisa Rapún. Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- Treasurer: David Pardo. University of the Basque Country – Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea.
- Member 1: Jorge Macías. Malaga University.
- Member 2: Antonio Alonso. King Juan Carlos University
- Member 3: Jose Luis Ferrín. University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Member 4: Rafael Blanquero. Sevilla University.