From 12th to 16th July, 2021, 163 ESGI European Study Group with Industry will be held thanks to the collaboration between the Spanish Network for Mathematics & Industry (math-in) and the Technological Institute for Industrial Mathematics (ITMATI).
Due to the situation caused by Covid-19 the celebration of this ESGI will be carried out online using the application Teams.
Initiated in Oxford in 1968, the European Study Groups with Industry (ESGI) bring together industrial scientists and academic mathematicians to work on problems affecting the industry. These Study Groups represent an internationally recognized method for technology and knowledge transfer between academic institutions and industry. The objectives pursued are:
- find solutions and bring new insights to existing industrial problems;
- establish lasting and productive working relations between mathematicians and industry;
- propose new lines of research based on business challenges;
- reinforce the importance of mathematics in industry and mathematical profiles companies; and
- stimulate greater awareness of the power of mathematics to provide solve real-world problems.
163 ESGI is also co-funded by the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities-State Research Agency, through the Thematic Network RTmath-in (RED2018-102514-T) and the Strategic Network of Mathematics (RED2018-102350-E), both granted within the call “Networks of Excellence” 2018. It is also co-funded by ROMSOC project, financed by the EU within the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under the Marie-Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 765374.