The ESGI will be held in a hybrid format (online and onsite) between June 5 and 19, 2023, with a total duration of 37h. A detail of its structure is shown in the Work Plan Section.
The event is structured in the following days as follows:
- Day 1: The industrial representatives introduce their challenges and objectives. It will be held online on June 5th. Duration: 3 hours, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Days 2-3: Online working sessions. Working together online. Duration: 2h per day, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. It will be held from June 6 and 7. The objective is the identification of the main problem: previous literature, difficulties, methodologies to be applied, etc.
- For each online working session 2 additional hours of personal homework will be considerate.
- Day 4-5: Onsite conferences. First day: from 10 a.m. to 13 p.m. and from 15 p.m. to 19 p.m. Second day: from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m. and from 15 p.m. to 18 p.m. It will be held at Seville from June 12 to 13. The objective of this onsite workshop is twofold: on the one hand, to organize 2 or 3 talks on the subject, one on the company side and one on the academic side. On the other hand, the face-to-face discussion and sharing of the progress made in the proposal for the final solution to the problem, after the online preparation previously carried out.
The onsite ESGI will hold in San Juan de Dios Aljarafe Hospital (Seville, Spain), which is framed within the public Consortium of the Junta de Andalucía (Spain)
- Day 6-7: Online working sessions. Working together online. Duration: 2h per day, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. It will be held from June 15 to 16. The objective is the preparation of the conclusions and the final document. For each online working session 2 additional hours of personal homework will be realized.
- Day 8: Online Workshop of presentation of conclusions and elaboration of a final document. The Workshop is estimated to last 4 hours, from 9 a.m. to 13 p.m. It will be held on June 19th.
The first step is the appointment of the Scientific and Organizing Committees, made up of professionals with diverse experience to cover different areas of knowledge. Both Committees proceed to identify companies interested in participating. Problems present by companies will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee to ensure that they have enough relevance to be part of an ESGI.
After that, the dissemination campaign will be launched (see details in Section “Expected Impact and Dissemination” of this document).
The ESGI website will available before the celebration dates in order to increase the visibility of the event. Contents will be updated as information becomes available. ESGI website continues with the same structure as in other ESGIs previously organized (Example: 97 ESGI, 110A ESGI, 122 ESGI, 139 ESGI, 147 ESGI and 163 ESGI). Following this format, participants could access to all the information of interest: program, industrial problems, coordinators, registration and accommodation details, etc.
Teaching materials, templates for presentation of the problems and the conclusions as well as another support materials will be prepared by the Organizing and Scientific Committees.
Finally, after the ESGI completion, the Organising Committee will be responsible for conducting evaluation surveys and for coordinating the Proceedings development